A Summary of the package is listed below and also can be found in the file attached to this article.
Accelerated Infrastructure Program
- $14.8m to accelerate a range of infrastructure projects to secure and create jobs
- Projects include road and footpath upgrades
- Community building upgrades and activation projects
- All works to be undertaken by local contractors and suppliers wherever possible
- Immediate start to all works and be completed within 12 months
Accelerated Major Projects Program
- $33.5m to accelerate the design and delivery of 11 major projects across the Western Downs
- $2m to complete detailed design of the 11 major projects for new or improved recreational spaces to ensure they are ‘shovel ready’
- Projects designed to generate economic growth and enhance tourism opportunities for the region
Community Group Hardship Assistance Grants & Infrastructure Programs
- $300,000 Community Hardship & Assistance Grants Program to provide ‘quick response’ financial assistance to eligible community organisations
- $1m Community Infrastructure Grants Program to fund infrastructure or capital works projects for not-for-profit community and sporting organisations. Applications for up to $200,000 under a 50/50 funding arrangement with Council
Business Support Initiatives Program
- Business Recovery Planning Program to help businesses build resilience by providing relief and recovery advice, implementing a risk management plan and business continuity plan
(Envision Partners are obtaining more information from the WDRC and will update all businesses once we have more information).
- E-Commerce Support Program to include webinars and consultations to help businesses build their online presence, social media and website
- Regional ‘Buy Local’ Campaign to encourage the community to support local businesses and offer a platform for businesses to share their goods and services.
Rates, Fees and Charges Relief
- 50% rebate on all Retail/ Commercial and Shopping Centre general rates under the March issued levy
- Waived fees on building, plumbing and development applications and food licensing until 30 June 2021
- Extension of discount period on all rates and charges to 30 June 2020
- Waived fees on desexed dog registrations until 30 June 2021